1. PERSONAL INFORMATION1.1 Active Collection of Personal Information 1.1.1. Personally identifiable information may be collected through the Site, such as name, address, date of birth, gender, occupation, telephone number, email address or the like, and other information that may enable identification of a specific individual that is using the Site (“Personal Information”). 1.2. Passive Collection of Personal Information 1.2.1. The Site may passively collect certain kinds of Personal Information using “cookies” which are an industry standard technology for the identification of the computer of a customer on a web server and enable a more convenient use when accessing the Site on subsequent occasions. Cookies can store information such as IP addresses, navigational data, server information, data transfer times, user preferences. A cookie may be stored as a file in the user disk as a small amount of information that is sent to the hard-disk or the browser of the individual from the web server. Although the cookie can be used to identify the individual’s computer, the individual themselves cannot be identified as long as the personal information of the individual is not inputted. 1.2.2. Other methods to collect Personal Information passively include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and log files to identify server problems, to improve site content, and compile aggregated statistics about Site usage and click-stream data. LIXIL Thailand reserves the right to introduce new passive tracking technologies and techniques related to the use of the Site, although we will do so subject to and in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES2.1. Personal information may be used as follows: 2.1.1. Personal Information collected on the Site may be used by LIXIL Thailand, its parent company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies which are directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by, or under common control thereof (“LIXIL”); 2.1.2. Trading partners of LIXIL defined in Article 1. herein 2.2. The purpose of use of Personal Information is as follows: 2.2.1 For provision of value-added services of interest to the customer in relation to residential building material products, commercial building material products, exterior products, residential facility equipment that are handled by the LIXIL Thailand (hereinafter referred to as “Company Products”); 2.2.2. For provision of materials and catalogues related to Company Products when requested by the customer; 2.2.3. For provision of an optimal plan in relation to products under discussion or building methods when a customer visits a registered showroom; 2.2.4. For provision of information (mailed magazine and the like in relation to Company Products) by direct mail or email to the customer; 2.2.5. For sending presents selected by a customer during campaigns; 2.2.6. For notification of information related to the work provided to another customer when the customer selects an exterior wall building material; 2.2.7. To introduce the trading partners of LIXIL for the approval of the customer; 2.2.8. To check the level of satisfaction or state of use of the customer in relation to products or services; 2.2.9 To respond to the opinions or wishes from the customer in relation to LIXIL or Company Products; and/or 2.2.10. To contact the customer for the purpose of after service, maintenance of Company Products, or the like. 2.3. When a question or opinion is received by LIXIL Thailand, such as a telephone call, a recording of the communication may be made and kept for information purposes, and the provision of more responsive services in relation to the details or to confirm the conversation
3. SCOPE OF DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION3.1. Except for either one of the following circumstances, Personal Information will be not disclosed or provided to a third party: 3.1.1. When consent is obtained from the customer; 3.1.2. When the individual customer cannot be identified; 3.1.3. Personal Information obtained and used pursuant to Article 1 and 2 herein; 3.1.4. When required for the protection of the life or the property of a person, or in the public interest, and there is difficult in obtaining the consent of the customer; 3.1.5. When cooperation is required for performance of duties by a national institution or regional authorities as determined by law or regulation, and there is a risk of impediment to such duties by reason of obtaining consent in relation to the Personal Information itself; and/or 3.1.6. When required by law or regulation. Without derogating from the foregoing, you hereby acknowledge and fully consent that LIXIL Thailand may be required to store and provide Personal Information to the competent authorities under the Act on Computer-Related Offences B.E. 2550 and its regulations (and their amendments as the case may be), as applicable, without obtaining your prior consent.
4. MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION4.1. Pursuant to applicable local regulations, we maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. Unfortunately, no information security system can be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Personal Information against any possible loss, unauthorized access, leakage, destruction or alteration. 4.2. In the event an ID and password are registered in relation to use of the Site, no responsibility shall be accepted by LIXIL for damage arising from the unauthorized use of such ID or password. Furthermore, use of an ID or password may be stopped in the event of registration of false information or information relating to another person.
5. DISCLOSURE, ALTERNATION, ADDITION, CESSATION OF USE, AND DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION5.1. Please contact LIXIL Thailand directly in relation to a request for the disclosure, alternation, addition, cessation of use, or deletion of personal information held by LIXIL. In view of maintaining accuracy and security and preventing leakage of personal information, in the absence of a special procedure pursuant to law or regulation, any necessary confirmation shall be conducted without delay. 5.2. In the event of non-performance or delay in completing a request as set out in Article 1. herein, LIXIL Thailand will strive to provide an explanation for the reason.
6. COMPLIANCE WITH RELATED LAW AND REGULATION, AND OTHER STANDARDS6.1. LIXIL Thailand shall comply with the laws and regulation of Thailand in relation to the Personal Information, and this Policy and any matters related thereof shall be governed by Thai law and subject to the jurisdiction of the competent Bangkok courts.
10. INQUIRIES10.1. Inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.